This easy, low carb Tuscan Garlic Chicken recipe is a taste of Italy, keto style! Tender chicken breast is simmered in a luxuriously creamy garlic sauce then black olives and spinach are stirred in just before serving. Bright color and a lush texture come together to create a dish that’s brimming with garlicky goodness.
For this recipe you’ll need: chicken breast, salt, garlic, heavy cream, spinach, olive oil, Italian seasoning, black olives, chicken stock, Parmesan cheese
While I truly love food in most forms and flavors I have to admit a special place in my heart for Italian dishes, followed closely by French and Tex-Mex.
Of course, there’s always Asian, African, Indian, and classic Southern to consider, as well. ????
I grew up thinking that Italian food was characterized by tomatoes and pasta with plenty of gooey Mozzarella – and I love those things – but honestly there are so many other ingredients, flavors, and textures that make up Italian cuisine that it will make your head spin around like a moth in a mitten.
This Tuscan garlic chicken recipe is a good example, although I’m not sure where Olive Garden decided it was Tuscan chicken. The dish is more authentically from the Lombardy area of Northern Italy where there’s an abundance of dairy products. I guess Lombardy Garlic Chicken didn’t sound as good?
Whatever you want to call it, this low carb spin on the Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken recipe is definitely ready to become one of your favorite meals. The creamy sauce is infused with garlic flavor and the chicken just about falls apart. The spinach adds color, nutrients, flavor, and texture but you could use broccoli or asparagus if you like.
In many ways this is a similar dish to my Chicken Asparagus Alfredo that’s so popular. I think this recipe is a little bolder and less delicate in flavor, though.
Tips for Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
This is such an easy dish! There’s not really much to it so it’s hard to go wrong but here are some tips and trick to make it even easier.
- If you have cooked chicken just use that to make this dish literally instantaneous! Or, stop and pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store.
- Plain American black olives work in this dish but try any of the more flavorful imported olives like Kalamata, Aglio, or Alfonso.
- If you marinate the chicken breast in some garlicky dill pickle brine for 30 minutes before cooking it will have a great flavor and be even more tender.
- The more flavorful the chicken stock is the better the finished dish will be.
- Substitute shrimp for the chicken in this dish. So good!
- Like Alfredo sauce, it’s important not to let this sauce come to a boil. Just simmer it.
- Capers are a nice garnish and add a little tang.
- You can’t freeze this dish. Make just as much as you need because it doesn’t warm up well, either.
- If you’re drinking wine a Chardonnay or this White Wine Spritzer will go really well.
YOU MAY NEED…
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
If there’s a trick to great meats it has to be a cast iron skillet! It gets hot enough to really sear and caramelize the crusts of meats and vegetables! I am a fan of Lodge Cast Iron because their products last – it’s what I use.
Low Carb Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe
When you need a quick dinner that tastes like comfort food this easy, low carb Tuscan Garlic Chicken recipe is the perfect taste of Italy, keto style! A luxuriously creamy garlic sauce envelopes chicken breast, black olives, and spinach. Serve with a buttery Chardonnay for a restaurant quality dinner at home.
Low Carb Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Salt the chicken.
- Add olive oil to a large, heavy skillet.
- Heat until oil begins to shimmer.
- Add the chicken and turn down the heat to medium.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Turn chicken and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove chicken and garlic- set aside on a plate.
- Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Cook at a strong boil for 2 minutes using a wooden spatula to loosen the stuck on particles of chicken.
- Add the cream, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken, spinach, and olives.
- Simmer until heated through and sauce has reduced enough to coat a spoon.
If you liked this Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right (all low carb): Chicken Shawarma, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Alfredo
Similar Recipes from Other Blogs
65 Low Carb Chicken Recipes I Breathe I’m Hungry
Low Carb Chicken Parm Tasteaholics