Summer cocktails should be refreshing, tangy, and allow you to slump in a lawn chair and contemplate life while watching the kids splash all the water out of the wading pool you just filled. No matter how you’re day is going you’ll love this sweet spiked lemonade cocktail with 0 carbs. It’s the flavor of summer in a chilled glass. The following recipe intended for readers over 21 – drink responsibly.
For this recipe you’ll need: Vodka, lime vodka lemonade water enhancer, lemons, limes
We used to go to Red Robin and every time we went I’d get a Skinny Spiked Lemonade. I loved the sweet, tangy flavor and I especially loved the fact that it was super low calorie. I did not ask about carbs – honestly I didn’t want to know.
Then one day we went and it wasn’t on the menu anymore.
The moral of that story, if there is one, is that you need to learn to make your favorite drinks low carb! With all of the sugar free syrups like Torani, and the water enhancers like MIO, you can make almost any drink low carb as long as you have a little imagination.
If you want this to be a strictly lemony lemonade then substitute lemon vodka for the lime and use only lemons for the squeeze and garnish. I really like the flavor that a little lime brings to this cocktail, though.
Table of Contents
Spiked Lemonade FAQs
What alcohol is good to mix with lemonade?
It really depends on what you like. Some types of spirits give more flavor than others. From the least flavor to the most the ones I’d recommend would be:
- Flavored vodka
- White wine
- Flavored rum (coconut is yummy)
What’s a John Daly drink?
It’s the alcoholic version of an Arnold Palmer. Use this recipe but use a squirt of lemonade water enhancer and a squirt of sweet tea water enhancer. Some people prefer bourbon to the vodka.
Is gin and lemonade good?
Yep! You can easily use all gin in this recipe to replace the vodka.
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
MIO water enhancers are in just about every store near me. If they’re not available where you are it’s Amazon to the rescue with plenty of water enhancers in all kinds of flavors!
More Refreshing Low Carb Cocktails
I have quite a few cocktails here on Lowcarb-ology. Some are 0 carb and some are low carb, some are very low calorie and some are not. One thing is for sure – there’s something for everyone! Visit these pages to find more great ideas.
- Blue Lagoon – Deep Caribbean blue color, refreshing fizzy bubbles, and a tropical coconut-pineapple flavor with just a hint of almond makes this drink summer stylish!
- Ocean Breeze – A fruity, delicious summer drink with just enough vodka to remind you it’s for adults only.
- Skinny Watermelon Margarita – With 0 carbs and 108 calories this slushy adult drink will take you right through the weekend!
- Planter’s Punch -This easy low carb Planter’s Punch is a fruity, refreshing rum cocktail. Be careful, though. It packs a punch!
- Blood and Sand – Adapted from the original this low carb version has flavors of orange, cherry, and Scotch tanged up with a squeeze of lime and a zip of ginger ale.
- Sex on the Beach – Flavors of tropical fruit, cranberry, and peach blend together with a little club soda for sparkle in this easy, refreshing adult beverage.
- Sex in the Driveway – Peach, lemon, and berry flavors are given a little sparkle with the Diet Sprite.
Spiked Lemonade Drink Recipe
There’s nothing like lemonade on a hot day – and there’s really nothing like this 0 carb spiked lemonade! Use lots of ice and pour into a chilled glass for best flavor. If you like this recipe please give it 5 stars. Thanks!
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime vodka
- 4 ounces water
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon lemonade water enhancer , 0 carb
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the water, the vodkas, the lemonade water enhancer and a squeeze of lemon and a squeeze of lime.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is very cold.
- Strain into an ice filled "on the rocks" glass.
- Garnish with lemon and lime slices.