This Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Candy will kick your cravings to the curb. Dark chocolate, pecans, and vanilla sea salt give this snack a great sweet-salty flavor. I’ve seen them called fat bombs but I’ll just call them delicious candy, if you don’t mind.
I got some silicone molds for Christmas and I have been wanting to use them but my time has been very limited.
I’ve also been doing some research on my thyroid issues and why low-carb was really not giving me the results I felt it should have been. I found out that I have been eating too much protein! I had no idea but it’s not just carbs that can get turned to glucose in your body. If you eat too much protein the same thing can happen. So, I started eating about 75% fat and working the rest in. Amazingly I went into ketosis almost immediately and better yet I wasn’t tempted by other foods.
I worked out every day like I had been – weights then treadmill – and didn’t do anything else differently. In one week I have lost more than I did in an entire month before.
This low-carb dark chocolate candy is amazing – not just because of the flavor but because you really don’t want more than one. They are really rich. You do have to keep them in the freezer or fridge because they’ll liquify at room temperature. I like to leave them out for a few minutes and let them soften a little but you may like them right from the freezer.
They are super easy to make and I have a ton of ideas spinning around in my head now. You probably have most of the stuff that you need right in your pantry. You know what that means, right?
You’re about 20 minutes away from a low-carb chocolate candy moment. Dove, Hersheys, Godiva? Who are they?
If you can’t get all of the ingredients locally you can order them from Amazon. If you click through the following links and buy the blog gets a small commission which helps keep it up and running — thanks!
Low Carb Dark Chocolate Candy with Pecans and Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa
- 3 tablespoons Erythritol
- 1/16 teaspoon of white stevia powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Vanilla Sea Salt if you can't find vanilla use Fleur de Sel
- Melt the coconut oil and butter together in a heavy pan.
- Whisk in the cocoa, erythritol, and stevia until smooth and well blended.
- Add some of the nuts to each of 21 silicone molds.
- Sprinkle a pinch of the salt in each mold, over the nuts.
- Carefully pour in the cocoa mixture.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Pop the candy from the molds, put in a resealable plastic bag and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you like this Low-Carb Dark Chocolate Candy you may also like…
Mounds Chocolate Coconut Cups All Day I Dream About Food
Low Carb Peppermint Bark 24/7 Low Carb Diner