This low carb cinnamon bread with raisins is the perfect addition to your bacon and eggs! It’s sweet, spicy, and fragrant just like the real thing. The raisins are chopped small to ensure the most flavor for the least amount of carbs. While you can leave them out, the raisins add less than 1 full net carb to the recipe. You might as well add them and enjoy the flavor!
For this recipe you’ll need: egg white, coconut flour, almond flour, flaxmeal, sugar free sweetener, ground cinnamon, baking powder, butter, raisins
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the low carb cinnamon bread recipe.
I don’t really love foods that are high in protein. I’ll eat meat because I need the nutrients it supplies me but I spent years being a vegetarian and I prefer fruit, vegetables, and grains to animal products. I’d much rather have toast or oatmeal (or donuts!) for breakfast and forgo the eggs. Give me a salad over a steak any day of the week.
So, it’s been a goal for me to create low carb copies of the foods I love. Like turning cinnamon raisin bread into low carb cinnamon bread with raisins.
I think this bread is best sliced and toasted. Coconut flour can give baked goods a dry texture in your mouth and toasting this low carb bread helps with that a lot. Plus toasting cinnamon bread always gives it more flavor!
Pretty Little Things
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Nutritional Info
Low Carb Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Low Carb Cinnamon Bread
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Swerve or other sugar free sweetener cup for cup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped raisins optional
- Grease a coffee mug - tall and narrow is best.
- Mix the coconut flour, flax, almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and baking powder together.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Add the coconut flour mixture and butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Quickly stir in the chopped raisins if you're using them.
- Spoon into a greased coffee mug.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice into 4 slices.
- Toast the slices and spread with butter or cream cheese.
If you liked this low carb cinnamon raisin bread recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: low carb sandwich bread, low carb Kalamata olive bread, low carb fluffy French toast.
And these similar low carb recipes from some of my favorite bloggers…
2 Minute Low Carb English Muffin Sugar Free Mom
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread All Day I Dream About Food