This low carb Buffalo Chicken and Noodles recipe is quick and easy with lots of spicy flavor. Sliced cabbage “noodles” are sauteed in bacon fat and then topped with a creamy, spicy sauce, chicken, bacon, and bleu cheese.
Maybe it’s because I am from Texas or maybe it’s just genetics but I love LOVE LOVE spicy food and big flavor. I love the flavors in Buffalo Chicken but I really hate chicken wings. This low carb Buffalo Chicken casserole is hearty, filling, and easy with those great big flavors I love. The chicken is already cooked so it goes together fast, too.
Now, I know that a lot of people use Franks Red Hot sauce for their Buffalo chicken dishes — and that’s fine. I am a Louisiana Hot Sauce girl myself and I prefer it to Franks because it’s a cleaner taste to me and much less salty. You do what you want.
True Confessions. Over the past 2 years I have gained back most of the weight I lost. My thyroid meds have been blitzy, I’ve had a lot of weird eating situations, and sometimes I just get tired of being careful. I had been back on low-carb since Christmas but then my son came into town from Okinawa for the month of March. I sure wasn’t going to pass up opportunities to spend time with him AND eat amazing food, was I?
Of course not.
So, I told y’all on Facebook that I was going to be buckling down after he left and I have been. When you have no thyroid, even if you are on meds, your body doesn’t respond quickly to anything but between low-carb induction and the gym I dropped 4 pound in the last week. Hopefully that’s a trend that will continue.
Food like this is helpful to me.
Don’t try to freeze this low carb Buffalo chicken — the results will be less than wonderful. If you want to make it and have it ahead of time it will keep for several days in the fridge — but if you have the chicken cooked it really does go together fast.
I’ll tell you. This is a big serving and, especially if you are serving a side dish as well, could easily be two servings.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken and Noodles
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast diced
- 4 ounces sliced cabbage
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Franks,Louisiana, etc
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce bleu cheese
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a heavy skillet.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and saute, stirring often, until the edges begin to caramelize and turn brown.
- Mix the sour cream, heavy cream, hot sauce, and paprika together until smooth.
- Add to the cabbage and stir.
- Add the chicken and continue to heat, stirring often, until warmed through and all the ingredients are coated with the sauce.
- Pile on a plate and add crumbled bacon and bleu cheese to the top.
If you liked Low Carb Buffalo Chicken and Noodles you may also like…
Grilled Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Peanut Butter and Peppers
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Jo Cooks