I don’t miss cake or cookies when I am low carbing but I do miss Asian food! One of my favorites is chicken fried rice but between the rice and the sauce the carbs are over the top! Cauliflower (yes, cauliflower again!) is the perfect substitute for rice in this induction friendly recipe with just 6 net carbs.
If you haven’t liked cauliflower or zucchini in the past you may want to take another look at them. Of all of the vegetables available these two are the most versatile when you are on an Atkins or other low carb diet. Cauliflower can be made into everything from pizza crust to mashed potatoes and zucchini makes a great substitute for apples (with the right spices) and pasta noodles! They are definitely worth trying one more time.
Cooking Notes for Induction Friendly Fried Rice
This recipe is super fast and simple. You can start out with cooked or uncooked chicken. I prefer cooked because I like to cook a bunch of chicken breast ahead of time and then have it ready for ay recipe or a quick snack. You’ll put a few tablespoons of sesame oil in a skillet and add a couple of Thai chilies. I use two but you can use more or less depending on your heat tolerance.
Grate the raw cauliflower on the largest setting of a grater. Watch your fingers!
After about a minute add the garlic and the onion and stir fry another minute or two. Now you are ready to add the other vegetables except the cauliflower. Consider adding
- Bell pepper
- Bamboo shoots
or really anything else that you like that is also low carb. If you are using raw chicken be sure to add that with the garlic so it is well cooked.
Once the vegetables are crisp-tender you’ll add the remaining ingredients. Just don’t overcook the cauliflower because you need to texture. Not raw but still firm. That’s it! It goes together really fast.
Carbs: 10.9 Net Carbs: 6.2
Induction friendly spicy chicken fried "rice" handles those cravings for Asian food with just 6 net carbs.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 2 dried Thai Peppers
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 peeled and chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 c green beans
- 1 1/2 tsp soy
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Carb-free sweetener to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- Hot sauce to taste
- Grate the cauliflower on the largest setting of the grater.
- Ad the sesame oil and Thai chilies to the pan and heat for about a minute.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for about another minute.
- Add the chicken and remaining vegetables, except the cauliflower, and stir fry until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients, including the beaten egg, and stir fry until the cauliflower is cooked but still firm to the bite.
- Add hot sauce to taste, adjust the seasoning and sweetener, and serve.