Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce
Now you can enjoy teriyaki sauce without guilt because it is absolutely low carb yet delicious! It tastes amazing on salmon or use as a dipping sauce for your favorite keto sushi recipe.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Stevia or more if desired
- Ginger thumb-sized
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, water, apple cider vinegar, stevia, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. Bring to a boil.
Mix xanthan gum and sesame oil in a small bowl then add into the boiling sauce until thickens. Remove from heat.
- You can replace soy sauce with coconut aminos if you prefer.
- Make sure to add in xanthan gum mixture while the sauce is boiling to avoid clumps
- Use the recipe to marinate any protein of your choice. It will taste good in chicken, tofu, shrimp, even broccoli and tempeh.
- This recipe serves about 1/2 cup.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3268mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg