Low Carb Chili - Texas Style
Spicy, beefy chili for one that's ready in minutes or adjust the ingredients to serve 10 and make it in the slow cooker on low for about 10 hours. 3 net carbs
Servings 1 serving
- 6 ounces ground beef , or 1/2 cup cooked
- 1 tablespoon Bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon onion , chopped
- 1 chipotle chile
- 1 guijillo chile
- 2/3 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon diced tomates with chiles , fire roasted
- 1 tablespoon coffee , liquid not grounds
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Saute the ground beef, the onion, and the pepper until the vegetables are soft.
add the remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, adding a little more beef broth if it gets too dry.
Remove the chipotle and guijillo chiles. If you like a spicier chili you can mash the chiles up and add them back in - but be careful. This is SPICY.
Spoon into a bowl by itself or over cauli-rice and top as desired.
You may use stew meat instead of the ground beef if you are cooking in a slow cooker.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 13.3mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4.1mg