Chicken Enchilada Skillet Dinner
Low carb and gluten free! Feed your Tex-Mex cravings fast with this easy chicken enchilada skillet dinner. Freezes well so it's perfect for weekly meal prep.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups cauliflower , raw, chopped fine - all liquid pressed out
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups chicken , cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes with chiles
- 1/2 cup chicken stock , 0 carb
- 1/3 cup Baby corn canned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin , ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano , may substitute regular oregano
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese , grated
- 1/3 cup cilantro , chopped
Slice the baby corn into small slices. Set aside.
Press all of the liquid out of the cauliflower.
Add the oil to a pan and heat it until it begins to shimmer.
Add the cauliflower and saute for about 2 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese.
Cook, stirring, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the cauliflower has taken on a reddish color.
Add about half the chopped cilantro and stir in well.
Stir in half the cheese and cook over low heat for about 1 minute.
Top with the remaining cheese and cover. Turn the burner off and let sit until the cheese has melted - about 2 minutes.
Top with remaining cilantro and serve.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 16.9% | Vitamin C: 34.8% | Calcium: 39.7% | Iron: 8.8%