A low carb adaption of the popular Italian pasta dish, this low carb cauliflower puttanesca is spicy and delicious.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 pound cauliflower broken into florets, about 1 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic ground
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olives pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of hot sauce
Cook the bacon in a small skillet.
Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan.
Add the cauliflower, garlic, and oregano -saute for 2 minutes.
Add the crushed red pepper, tomatoes, olives, capers, and chicken broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer about 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove the lid and let any excess liquid cook off.
Stir in the parsley, Parmesan, and cooked bacon. Taste and adjust seasonings - add hot sauce for a little extra punch.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 111.4mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1.4mg