Low Carb Faux Cracker Barrel Fried Apples (Induction)
Tangy, sweet, and spicy with all of the flavor of fried apples but none of the carbs. Use this as a side dish or a dessert.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3/4 cup peeled zucchini cut into coins and then crescents
- 0- carb sweetener to taste I use stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne or ancho or chipotle pepper to taste
- 11/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
Melt the butter into the bacon drippings.
Add the zucchini and saute until it is crisp tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until liquid is reduced and nearly gone.
Stir very often.
Taste and adjust sweetness/seasoning.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg