Bacon, Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are kicked into high gear with smoky bacon and chipotle. These snacks are full of protein, low in carbs, and just what you're hungry for when you don't know what you want.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 24 appetizers
- 12 eggs hard cooked and peeled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mashed canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1/2 pound applewood smoked bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- Smoked paprika for sprinkling on top
- Salt to taste
- Cooked bacon and chives for garnish
Cut the cooked, peeled eggs in half.
Gently remove yolks with a spoon.
Add the yolks to a large bowl and set aside.
Arrange the egg whites on a serving dish with the cut side up.
Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise and the mustard until they are smooth and creamy..
Mix in the chipotle, the bacon, and 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
Taste and add more chipotle, salt, or mustard if needed. Be careful, the chipotle will get spicier as the eggs stand.
Fill the hollows in the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Garnish with a piece of bacon and some chives
Chill until serving.