Cucumbers in Sour Cream: Refreshing Low Carb Side Dish for Summer
A cool, creamy side dish that is fabulous with grilled meats. Cucumbers, onions, and sour cream are the main ingredients and you can throw it together quickly. Just be sure to make it at least 4 hours ahead of time!
Add a little fresh dill or basil if you like. This is sure to be a summertime favorite.
Servings 8 servings
- 4 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup or so sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sour cream check for added ingredients Daisy is one good brand
- 1 tablespoon Xylitol or stevia to taste
- Cracked black pepper
- Heavy cream as needed to thin the sour cream mixture
In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper until blended.
Add cucumbers and onion.
Add a little cream if the sour cream mixture seems to thick.
Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 4 hours.