Low Carb Spicy Thai Salad with Cashews
A crunchy, sweet, spicy, tangy salad that has an unmistakable Asian flavor. It is perfect as a vegetarian main dish or as a light lunch. For dinner pair it with grilled chicken. Try not to have leftovers - it gets soggy over time.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup snow peas sliced on a diagonal
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped. fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno or more to taste
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chile-sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspons erythritol or other sugar free sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of molasses
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
Night before you want to use the dressing whisk the dressing ingredients together until well mixed.
Add enough water to make it a good, pourable consistency.
Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
Mix all ingredients gently in a bowl.
Pour the salad dressing over and toss so the dressing coats all of the ingredients.
Serve immediately with slices of lime to squeeze over the top.