Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese
A creamy traditional Southern pimento cheese with a kick from Hatch chiles. Use it on celery, as a dip for pork rinds, or as a topping for a hamburger. It's creamy, rich, tangy, spicy, and delicious!
Servings 36 (2 tablespoon) servings
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cut in chunks
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup Hellman's or Duke's Mayo or your favorite brand same, just different names depending on where you live, or homemade.
- 2 jars pimentos 14-ounce, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Hatch chiles I use the hot ones but you can use mild if you like
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- A pinch of stevia if needed for flavor
- Smoked paprika for garnish and adds flavor
Put everything in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixed.
Refrigerate 24 hours before using to allow the flavors to blend.
Sprinkle with smoked paprika before serving.