Italian “Hoagie” Salad
If you love Italian hoagies this is a the meal for you. Quick and easy, low in carbs and full of craving-busting protein this salad has all the ingredients you love without the carbs.
Servings 1 serving
- 2 cups romaine
- 2 slices turkey breast about 3 ounces
- 2 slices pastrami about 2 ounces - lean
- 5 pepperoni rounds of
- 1 ounce provolone or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon peperoncini sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil a good one
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregeno
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Tear the romaine into small, bite sized pieces.
Cut the meat into strips.
Shred the cheese.
Whisk the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and seasonings together with a fork until well blended.
Mix all the ingredients together and serve.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1017mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8595IU | Vitamin C: 37.2mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 2.9mg