Strawberries and Cream Muffin (Low Carb and GF)
A tangy, sweet,low carb strawberry muffin filled with cream cheese --perfect breakfast for warm summer months.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of cream cheese divided use
- 1 tablespoon whole milk ricotta
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry Kool Aid powder from the small packet that you have to add sugar to
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of Xylitol or equivalent in your favorite sweetener or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Warm the butter, ricotta, and 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the microwave.
Blend well with a fork.
Add the egg, the butter mixture, vanilla, baking powder, almond flour, Kool Aid Powder, and xylitol to a bowl.
Spray the inside of a coffee mug with baking release spray.
Spoon the batter into the mug.
Push one tablespoon of cream cheese into the batter.
Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until set. The top will still be gooey - do not over bake.
Let stand in microwave for about 3 minutes.