Bacon and Cauliflower Hash (Induction)
Hash has always been a comfort food and this low carb version, made with cauliflower, absolutely hits the spot. Just 6.2 net carbs, it's the perfect accompaniment to a simple poached egg dinner.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound of cauliflower broken in small florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno optional
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon applewood smoked or peppered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1//2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
Cut the bacon up into a medium dice.
Cook it until it is crisp and brown.
Remove the bacon from the pan, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
Saute the cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and celery until very tender.
Add the bacon back to the pan and stir to combine the ingredients.
Drain off the remaining bacon fat, stir in the cilantro, and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
Cover for a minute to let the cheese melt.