Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
Spicy meat and vegetable egg roll filling is so good you won't miss the wrapper. Just 6.0 net carbs per serving!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/3 pound ground pork or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup celery sliced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper julienned
- 1 tablespoon onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated fresh
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno julienned
- stevia Pinch of - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or hemp seeds
Chinese Hot Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mustard powder hot
- 1 teaspoon Water
Heat a large, heavy skillet.
Add the meat and cook until the meat is cooked through - don't drain.
Add the cabbage, celery, bell pepper, onion,garlic, ginger, jalapeno, stevia, and soy sauce to the skillet.
Cook, stirring until the cabbage is cooked but still has some texture.
Remove from the heat and top with the cilantro and crushed red peppers.
Drizzle the sesame oil over the top.
Sprinkle with hemp seed if desired.
Serve with Chinese Hot Mustard spooned on top as desired.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1169mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 29% | Vitamin C: 67% | Calcium: 11.6% | Iron: 32.3%