Southwestern Broccoli Salad
A crunchy, low carb broccoli salad with big southwestern flavor and just 5.7 net carbs per serving (2.8 grams of fiber). Broccoli, bacon, cheese, pecans,and poblano are coated with a creamy, spicy southwestern dressing. Perfect as a side dish to grilled meats or add some grilled chicken for a hearty main dish salad.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 poblano pepper fire roasted until crisp tender, cleaned, and diced
- ½ pound bacon cooked until crisp, fat reserved
- ½ pound raw broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro about 1 cup, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salsa verde
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 to 2 packets monkfruit or to taste or desired sweetener
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the bacon, broccoli, cilantro, onion, pecans, and cheddar to a large mixing bowl.
Toss gently to mix well.
Add all ingredients except salt and pepper to a mixing bowl.
Add 1 teaspoon of the reserved bacon grease.
Stir to blend.
Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Pour over the broccoli mixture and blend gently.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or two.