Southwestern Tuna Salad for a Unique Low Carb Lunch
Crunchy, crispy, creamy, spicy, tangy, smoky... It's all here in this unique southwestern tuna salad. With just 4.9 net carbs it will fill you up without taking you over your daily carb allotment. Perfect for lunch to go, too!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 2 1/2 ounces albacore tuna in water drained and patted dry
- 2 lime wedges divided use
- 1 tablespoons cilantro divided use, chopped
- 1/2 ounce red cabbage cut in shreds
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cojita cheese optional
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon shelled do not use the kinds with shells on, roasted pumpkin seeds
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
Add the Albacore to a small bowl.
Squeeze one lime wedge over the top.
Sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon cilantro.
Stir gently to mix thoroughly.
Make the cumin cream (instructions below).
Lay the red cabbage shreds on a chilled plate.
Sprinkle the onion on top.
Add the tuna.
Top with the cojita cheese, salsa verde, cumin cream, and pumpkin seeds.
Dust lightly with smoked paprika.
Serve with 2nd lime wedge to squeeze over the top.
Mix the sour cream and cumin together.
Add enough water to get a creamy Ranch salad dressing consistency.
Taste and add salt as needed.