Easy Tamale Pie: Low Carb Mexican Recipe
if you love Tex-Mex food but hate the carbs this easy tamale pie is for you! Quick to make and has all of that great Tex-Mex flavor with just 4.5 net carbs!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef salted to taste and cooked
- 3 black olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde divided use
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese divided use - shredded
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- salt Pinch of
- 1 tablespoon of butter chilled and chopped in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cilantro optional - chopped
- 1/2 teaspoonful cheese cojita - crumbled - optional
Oil the inside of a 2 cup glass measuring cup or bowl.
Add the beef to the bottom.
Mix in 1 tablespoon of the salsa verde.
Slice the olives over the top of the meat.
Sprinkle with half the cheese.
Blend the flaxseed meal, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the butter and blend with a fork until the mixture looks like small pebbles.
Add the remaining salsa and stir until well blended.
Spoon over the top of the meat, cheese, and olives.
Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and microwave 45 more seconds or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let stand for a minute before turning out onto a plate.
Sprinkle with cilantro and Cojita cheese if desired.
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 922mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 4.3mg