Rum Butterscotch Cream Pie
Rich and creamy, this rum butterscotch cream pie is a great dessert for the holidays! For best results use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue. You can use the oven but the cream filling tends to melt by the time the meringue gets brown.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 6 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetener sugar free
- 1 tablespoon water if needed
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch pudding + 1 teaspoon sugar-free instant
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup sugar free and salted
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 egg whites room temperature
- cream of tartar Pinch
- 2 tablespoons sweetener sugar free
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the almond meal, butter, and sugar free sweetener together.
Add a little water if needed to make it hold together.
Press in the bottom and up the sides of a single serving sized tart pan.
Microwave for 1 minute, or until done.
Set aside to cool.
Mix the pudding, the cream, and the cashew milk.
Whip until it begins to thicken.
Add the caramel syrup and the rum.
Continue to whip until thick.
Spoon into pie crust.
Swirl the meringue over the pudding.
Brown with a kitchen torch.
Chill until serving time.