A white wine cocktail is not just a refreshing summer drink – it’s also great in the fall and winter months when you just want something light and sparkly. The grapefruit and rose vodka takes this potentially mundane sipper and shoots it over the top. This cocktail recipe is packed with tropical flavor that is just as delicious with a turkey dinner as it is with game day nibbles. Be careful, though. It’s a lot stronger than it tastes. This recipe is meant for adults 21 years old and older.
For this recipe you’ll need: white wine – Chardonnay (I used CK Mondavi and Family chardonnay), Ketel One Grapefruit and Rose Botanical Vodka, sugar free syrups in pineapple, mango, and peach, sugar free ginger ale, and a lime
Table of Contents
The Recipe Backstory
A close friend and I have a tradition of wine and cheese and conversation on the weekends. Sometimes we go to new restaurants and try them out but more often we’re sitting at my table with our matching wine glasses talking and laughing –with the kids and dogs joining in to the talking and laughing once and awhile.
Since we are both keto oriented I like to keep the cocktails as low carb as possible and, with the amount of wine that we sometimes go through, I like to dilute it with 0-carb ingredients. This particular white wine cocktail has become a favorite with us and I’m pretty sure once you try it it will be a favorite with you as well.
Tip: be sure your white wine is extremely cold!
White Wine Cocktail FAQs
Keep in mind that different wines will create different results. I always make this with the CK Mondavi and Family Chardonnay so if you make it with something else it may taste a bit different. Do try to stick with a chardonnay though.
How do you make a white wine spritzer?
Use chilled wine glasses and very cold white wine. Fill the glass about halfway with the white wine, then add the sugar free syrups of you’re using them. Add club soda, sugar free ginger ale, or sugar free lemon lime to taste. Squeeze in a little lime and then garnish with a lime wheel.
What white wine is good for spritzers?
It completely depends on your tastes. I chose chardonnay for this cocktail because I thought that the buttery flavor would be perfect with the tropical flavors and the slightly bitter grapefruit. Pinot Grigio is great with just a squeeze of lime and some club soda for those that like a less sweet beverage. Riesling is delicious with some cloves and ginger ale for a sweeter drink. The best thing to do is to try a variety and see what you like best.
Is club soda the same as seltzer?
Nope. Club soda is carbonated water that usually has minerals and sodium to enhance the flavor. Seltzer water is carbonated but without any additives.
What can be mixed with white wine?
- You can add fruity flavors without carbs by using 0-carb syrups
- Club soda, seltezer, sugar free lemon-lime or ginger ales all add a little sparkle
- Vodka or tequila with the 0-carb syrups make it more like sangria
- A squeeze of lemon, lime, or grapefruit adds a spark of flavor without carbs
Variations of this White Wine Cocktail
This low carb cocktail is so easy you’ll be tempted to throw it together often. Here are some great variations to try –
- Orange sugar free syrup and club soda
- Red wine instead of the white – leave out the botanical vodka and use plain or pineapple vodka instead.
- Sugar free cherry and sugar free lime with white wine and lemon-lime soda
- Sugar free watermelon syrup and club soda
There are as many variations as there are flavors of sugar free syrups! Don’t be afraid to experiment.
You May Need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
I use Torani sugar free syrups in so many things. Sugar free pineapple syrup is ALWAYS on my pantry shelf!
More Favorite Cocktails from Lowcarb-ology
I do like a cocktail on the weekend! Here are some of my favorites here on the blog –
White Wine Cocktail Recipe
I love this easy, low carb cocktail! Sparkly, light, refreshing, and so unique with the rose and grapefruit flavors! Give it a try and let me know what you think – be sure to give it 5 stars below!
White Wine Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Grapefruit and Rose vodka , I used Ketel One Botanicals
- 1 ounce sugar free pineapple syrup , I used Torani
- 1/2 ounce sugar free mango syrup , I used Torani
- 1/2 ounce sugar free peach syrup , I used Torani
- 6 ounces Chardonnay , I used CK Mondavi and Family
- 4 ounces sugar free ginger ale
- squeeze of lime plus lime for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka and the syrups and shake well.
- Squeeze lime into the shaker and shake gently.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Stir in the Chardonnay.
- Pour in the ginger ale and garnish with lime.