This stuffed chicken breast with paprika cream reduction recipe looks elegant, sounds difficult, tastes delicious, is low carb, and is so easy that you’ll want to make it every night.
I find that the three things that will knock me off my plan are:
1. Cooking separate meals for myself and the family.
2. Being bored with my food.
3. Lack of flavor.
Some people’s families will eat the same things that they do — in this house it isn’t feasible. It would be great if my husband (a type 1 diabetic) would eat more low carb but the kids are all growing, healthy, and have appetites that would make my grocery bill frightening to Donald Trump’s bank account.
One of the reasons I usually make things in single portions is because it is easier to multiply recipes to include more servings than it is to divide them into less.
I get bored with food very easily. I am very critical of flavor, texture, and complexity so it doesn’t work for me to grab a piece of grilled chicken breast and some steamed broccoli. Once in awhile it’s fine but more than a couple of times a month and I will wake up in a pastry shop with croissant crumbs around my mouth.
This stuffed chicken breast is so easy to make, it’s fast, and you won’t get bored with the flavor. The smoked paprika adds a little smoke and a little kick to both the meat and the cream sauce. The chicken is tender and juicy with a slightly crispy outside. The broccoli mixture is creamy and the sauce is rich. An Australian Shiraz goes great with this if you are at a point where you can have the occasional glass of wine. I’d suggest a crisp salad with a vinaigrette as the finishing touch.
There’s nothing difficult about cutting the pocket for stuffed chicken breast. Lay the chicken breast down on a plate and slice horizontally into the center with a sharp knife. Do not cut all the way through.
This recipe will make one large-omg-I’m-starving serving or 2 normal servings. That’s all there is to it… besides sitting down and enjoying it. What’s your favorite way to make chicken?
Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Paprika Cream Reduction
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream divided use
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut a pocket in the side of the chicken breast with a sharp knife.
- Pat the chicken dry, inside and out, with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the meat all over the top with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in a little water until very soft.
- Drain well.
- Add the drained broccoli back to the pan and sprinkle with the cheese and 1 tablespoon of the cream.
- Stir until the cheese is melted and turns into a sauce.
- Remove from heat and spoon the filling into the pocket that you cut in the chicken.
- set aside.
- Heat up the oil and butter in a small frying pan until it is very hot but the butter isn't starting to brown.
- Carefully lay the chicken breast in the hot oil mixture, seasoned side down.
- Saute, covered, until golden brown on the bottom - about 5 minutes.
- Flip over carefully and cook until golden brown and the internal temperature is 160F.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Quickly pour the remaining cream in the pan.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced by about 1/4 and thickens slightly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spoon part of the sauce on a warm plate. Place the chicken breast on top and then cover with the remaining sauce.
- Serve hot.
More Low Carb Chicken Breast Recipes
And from around the web-