Rich, low carb sour cream lemon pie has a gingersnap crust. The filling is light and tangy with a sweet whipped cream topping. Make this in an 8-inch pie pan and each serving is just 3.75g net carbs.
For this recipe you’ll need: almond flour, erythritol, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, white stevia powder or monkfruit, butter, cream cheese, unsweetened cashew (or almond) milk, 1 4-serving size package sugar free lemon instant pudding, sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, Torani sugar free vanilla syrup (or your favorite brand)
Click here to go straight to the low carb sour cream lemon pie recipe.
There isn’t anything as good as digging into a sweet pie of some sort. No matter whether a pie is fancy or plain it’s always one of those foods that just makes you feel good.
It took me forever to learn how to make a real pie crust that was flakey and buttery. When I was first married at age 19 my husband (now ex) left for work at 4 am. I’d practice cooking all morning, throwing away the things that didn’t work. Sometimes I’d recreate a recipe five or six times before I could get it right.
No matter how many times I tried to make a pie crust I just couldn’t do it. Finally, after about 10 years of being frustrated I figured it out and I’ve never had a problem since. Luckily the crust for this pie is super easy. You just press it right in the pan so you don’t have to worry about it crumbling or breaking.
This is a gingersnap crust. A few years back I was making a lemon cream pie and I realized I didn’t have the graham crackers I needed. I did have gingersnaps so I used those. It was a fantastic combination! I’ve replicated that here by adding spices to the crust ingredients. It’s delicious!
Traditional lemon sour cream pies don’t have cream cheese but I found I needed just a little to firm up the pie and add a little more tang to the filling.
I made mine in large tart pans. When I was done I realized that each tart pan was actually about two servings — unless you’ve had a really bad day and are in danger of heading for the carton of ice cream you keep in the back of the fridge for emergencies. Either make it in an 8-inch pie pan or smaller tart pans than I used. You should have 8 servings.
Used in this Recipe
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I’ll get a small commission used to keep the blog up and running. Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
I use Torani Sugar Free Syrups a lot. They add sweetness and an extra burst of flavor that I think makes low carb recipes really work. The vanilla syrup in this recipe mellows out the lemon. Erythritol is the sugar free sweetener that I use most often. You could also use Splenda or any other cup for cup sugar free sweetener.
Low Carb Sour Cream Lemon Pie Recipe
Here’s that sour cream lemon pie recipe! It’s totally decadent! Enjoy! (Pie crust adapted from All Day I Dream About Food)
Sour Cream Lemon Pie: Low Carb Indulgence
Lemon Sour Cream Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup Torani - sugar free
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Blend the almond flour, erythritol, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Spray a pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Press the dough firmly over the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
- With the mixer on medium slowly add the almond milk, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, cream, lemon juice, and vanilla syrup.
- Beat on high speed until smooth and thick.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Add a couple of drops of yellow coloring if desired.
- Beat the heavy cream with the vanilla syrup on high until soft peaks form.
- Taste and add sweetener if needed.
- Spoon the filling into the pie crust, smoothing the top.
- Top with the whipped cream.
- Dust with a little cinnamon and ginger.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time.
If you liked this low carb lemon pie recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: low carb key lime pie, low carb caramel pecan cheesecake, low carb no bake pumpkin cheesecake
And these similar low carb recipes from some of my favorite bloggers…
Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie Low Carb Maven
Low Carb Coconut Cream Pie Low Carb Yum