Raspberry almond crumble tea cakes are low carb and just delicious! Buttery shortbread cookies hold a topping of tangy cream cheese, sweet raspberry jam, and crunchy almond crumble — they’re huge and they are just 1. net carb each. Yep… Just one. It’s magic!
I don’t know about you but I think low-carbing is hard, especially if you are cooking separate meals for your family — which I think most of us are. It’s one of the reasons I try to keep things in small portions on this blog, and prefer microwave to conventional baking. If it wasn’t for the ability to make quick and easy, single portions of low-carb foods I wouldn’t be able to stay on a low-carb eating plan. It’s just reality, folks.
I wanted something sweet this afternoon. I really wanted a full on tea, with scones and Devonshire, and tea, and fruit… I just needed something to be just for me.
I’ve put in a couple of hard weeks (months, years) and even though life is great I am exhausted and empty. I have a bad habit of putting everyone else first, not saying no, and running myself ragged — I’m not going to lie. It doesn’t help my eating plan because I then rationalize that I need and deserve a Milky Way bar because I have worked so hard. One Milky Way bar turns into an orgy of chocolate and caramel, ending with me in a sugar coma surrounded by candy wrappers.
It ain’t pretty. But this is… don’t you think?
Being able to divert my attention with one of these kinds of treats really helps. You could make the almond crumble tea cakes ahead if you want but it won’t travel well. The cookies are very crumbly.
They are also very filling. Wow. You can make these into plain shortbread cookies and the recipe will make two very large ones.
The following is an affiliate link to a product that I use and recommend for this recipe. If you click through and buy the product I will get a small commission which is used to help keep the blog up and running. Thanks for supporting lowcarb-ology!
I used Walden Farms Raspberry jam for the filling of these raspberry almond crumble tea cakes. It has 0 carb, 0 calories, and I have no clue what it’s made out of but it is good stuff! If your diet allows you can use fresh raspberries or raspberry jam. Just remember to add in the extra carbs.
Raspberry Almond Crumble Tea Cakes
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 tablespoons erythritol sweetener
- butter flavoring- couple of drops
- vanilla Couple of drops
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam 0-carb
- MIx the butter, almond flour, erythritol, and flavorings until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of 2 small, microwave safe mini pie pans that have been sprayed with baking release spray.
- Microwave 1 minute each.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes -- cookies will be crisp.
- Break one cookie up into crumbles.
- Gently turn the other cookie out onto a small dessert plate.
- Top the cookie with a layer of cream cheese, then a layer of the raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle the crumbles over the top and press in gently.