What’s better than a glass of Irish Cream? How about a glass of lowcarb Irish cream, homemade and s’mores flavor?
I love Bailey’s Irish cream but I do not love the carbs. Not at all. When a friend of mine asked me to see if I could create a low carb version I was in. I did some research and found several that looked pretty close to what I was looking for. Some had too much cream, some had too much booze, some were just yuck. I finally adapted this Lowcarb Irish Cream from Food.com.
As I was buying the Irish Whisky I saw some S’more’s Vodka. It was one of those moments when you know that you are in complete harmony with the universe. S’mores Irish Cream?
After you make this the alcohol taste is pretty strong. let it sit uncovered on the counter for a bit to blend before adding more sweetener. Store it tightly covered in the refrigerator. I have seen sites that say it will last two months and other sites that say two weeks. Honestly I have no real clue. I am guessing at least a month.
Here’s what you’ll need:
That’s pretty simple, right?
I’d keep this in a glass jar like this Anchor Hocking Glass Bistro Pitcher with Stopper (affiliate link). Just make sure it seals with a tight cover. It will easily pick up weird flavors from the refrigerator and you don’t want that, right?
Make this lowcarb Irish Cream soon. It is delicious and I think that I have found the antidote for all of those chocolate cravings I have been dealing with! Obviously be smart. This tastes mild but it has quite a kick. Don’t drink and drive. This is an adult beverage and is not meant for anyone under the age of 21.
I think that I am going to start working on that low carb Irish Cream cheesecake now! Hey, leave a comment and let me know how you like it… and if you do? Put a pin on it. Thanks!
Lowcarb Copycat Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
- 1/3 cup S’mores Vodka
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Black cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Xylitol
- Stevia to taste as needed
- Bring the cream to a simmer.
- Remove ½ cup of the hot cream and add the ground coffee to it.
- Stir and set aside for 4 to 6 minutes to steep.
- Remove ¼ cup hot cream and add it to the cocoa powder to make a paste.
- Add the Xylitol to the remaining cream.
- Whisk slowly to mix.
- Meanwhile let the remaining cream slowly simmer until it is reduced to 2 3/4 cups. This will take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the coffee grounds out of the cream and add to the pot of cream.
- Let cook to room temperature.
- Add the cocoa paste, whiskey, vodka, and vanilla to a blender jar.
- Pour in the cream.
- Pulse several times to blend and make sure the cocoa is well mixed.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate up to 2 months.
If you like lowcarb Irish Cream you may also like:
Whiskey Sour Slush (Lowcarb-ology)
Green Apple Beergarita (Lowcarb-ology)
Lowcarb Kahlua (All Day I Dream about Food)
Vanilla Latte Martini (All Day I Dream about Food)