Quick and easy, this low carb mug brownie has a rich peanut butter swirl. Once it’s baked an extra drizzle of peanut butter is added to the top. With 3.3 net carbs this is a treat that you can have often.
For this recipe you’ll need: almond flour, chocolate when protein powder, dark cocoa, sugar free (cup for cup) sweetener, kosher salt, egg, butter, peanut butter, club soda, vanilla extract
If you are in a hurry click here to go to the low carb mug brownie recipe.
Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I’d pick a Snicker’s bar over a steak any day. I don’t crave potato chips but I’d almost give away my left kidney for a chocolate donut. Do any of y’all identify at all?
I’ve tried to get chocolate back in my diet in as many ways as possible — like this low carb mug brownie. Dense, chocolate brownie is swirled with salty peanut butter then drizzled with more peanut butter. This is amazing stuff. The beauty of it is that it’s finished in just under 5 minutes and that includes mixing, baking, and cooling!
Let it cool for a minute or two. It will continue to bake as it stands. If you bake it until it’s finished in the microwave it will be tough and overcooked by the time you eat it. I like that it’s just enough for one person, too. I am the only one that eats low carb here so making a big cake is a waste of time, you know?
Besides, if something sweet is here I’ll eat the whole darn thing. Low carbs tend to add up once you get past four or five servings.
You May Need
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly. Thank you for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
The dark cocoa really makes the chocolate flavor pop in this low carb mug cake. I use Hershey’s Special Dark. The protein powder in this recipe helps the chocolate mug cake to be light rather than too heavy. I use Gold Standard in my low carb baking as well as after my workouts.
Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake Nutrition Info
Low Carb Mug Brownie
Low Carb Mug Brownie with Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa
- 2 teaspoons sugar free sweetener
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter divided use
- Grease the mug with a light coating of butter.
- Mix the almond flour, protein powder, cocoa, sweetener, and salt.
- Add the egg yolk, butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the club soda until well mixed.
- Spoon into the mug.
- Microwave the peanut butter 15 seconds.
- Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons of the peanut butter over the cake and swirl through the batter with a knife.
- Microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until it is just firm on top. Don't overcook or it will be dry.
- Remove from the microwave (some shrinkage is normal).
- Drizzle with the remaining peanut butter.
If you liked this low carb mug cake recipe you may also like…
Click on the image to see the recipe. From left to right: Gingerbread Mug Cake, Peanut Butter Mug Cake, Hummingbird Muffin
And these similar low carb recipes from some of my favorite bloggers…
Lemon Mug Cake Sugar Free Mom
Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake The Big Man’s World