Low-Carb Kalamata Olive Bread. I have waited for this moment for so long. Briny, chewy, bready, and hardly any carbs. HARDLY ANY.
So, finally creating a sandwich bread I loved yesterday inspired me and I wondered if I could do the same with something a bit more… artisan. One of my favorite breads has always been Kalamata olive bread. I love the chewiness, the briny flavor, the olives…
To me, olives are summer. I don’t know when they are harvested and honestly I don’t care… but I can eat olives and drink a little wine and imagine I am in Italy on a summer afternoon. It’s a mini-vacation without the jet lag.
Well, this low-carb kalamata olive bread is something I am going to be making a lot. It is awesome good and I have all kinds of ideas of how I want to use it. Today I fixed a platter with some deli meat, bleu cheese, olives, artichokes, and the bread. My husband is working late, the kids wanted fried chicken from the Colonel’s, and I had this.
Poor me, right? HA!
Be careful not to overcook the bread or it will be dry. Undercook it just a touch, the top will still be moist, and then let it stand for a minute or two to finish cooking.
Low-Carb Kalamata Olive Bread – Oh Heaven!
- 1/4 cup egg whites beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon kalamata olive brine
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- Beat the egg whites until very frothy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased coffee mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until set but the top is moist.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
If you liked Low-Carb Kalamata Olive Bread you may also like…
Almond Flour Cheddar Biscuits Up Late Anyway
Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels Beauty and the Foodie