This low-carb bacon cheeseburger meatloaf is one of those dishes that the whole family will like but if you don’t want to share you can slice it up and freeze it in single servings.
I could eat cheeseburgers every single day. In fact, there have been times when I did. I think they are the perfect food — and are at their best when just a little greasy, cheese oozing over the top, and the sharp taste of dill pickle in each bite. I like mine well done, charred edges, and caramelized onions on the top.
I’ve added those flavors to another of my favorite comfort foods — meatloaf. The combination is incredible. This low-carb bacon cheeseburger meatloaf is tender and juicy. Each bite is filled with flavor from the dill pickles, onions, and the bacon that has soaked down into the meat.Gooey cheese is on top — all you need to do is add a little mustard or mayo when you serve it and BAM!
When I was little you could get a hamburger, Coke, and french fries at the local lunch counter for less than a dollar. I realize that was a long time ago and I may not be remembering correctly but it seems to me that the flavors were so much better than they are now. There is nothing like a coke in a glass container — and when the burger buns are grilled in the burger grease?
Well that’s heaven. I always enjoyed sitting at the counter on the twirly stools and sipping my drink from a green glass with a paper straw. Most often I’d have a lunch like this on a Saturday when I was out running errands with my dad. The man knew his burgers. He also let me twirl on those chrome and turquoise stools – which my mom NEVER let me do.
Being ladylike was a thing in the 1960s — and it was not one of those things that came naturally to me. I preferred to play Combat or Rat Patrol with the boys on the block. My friend Chris and I also spent a lot of time playing with plastic dinosaurs in the woodpile. Dad always had the wood stacked so that there were open squares. I seem to remember that the open squares made really cool apartments for our dinos! Whatever it was — it was not ladylike. My mom could put me in a dress, curl my hair in ringlets, and lecture all day long but I never seemed to develop the sparkly pink gene that she hoped was in me somewhere.
Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sautee onions and garlic in a little olive oil until tender. For more flavor you can also grill the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, pickles, garlic, parmesan, eggs, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. with your hands.
- Pat the meat mixture gently into a loaf pan. You may need 2 if you are using small ones. Don't press it down because it will compact the meat and the texture will be off.
- Add three slices bacon over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes to an hour (internal temp will be 155- 160)
- Just before removing from the oven lay the cheese over the top.
- Allow to stand at room temperature with foil over the top for about five minutes.
- Slice and serve.
If you like Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf you may also like…
Low-Carb Fried Pickles Real Housemoms
Low-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Grass Fed Mama