Lavender lemon cookies are sweet, buttery goodness in every low carb bite. Delicate enough for a fancy tea, these pretty cookies are easy to make and you can store the slice and bake dough in the freezer for fresh cookies whenever you want. The lavender adds a unique, citrus flavor to the lemony dough.
To make these lavender lemon cookies you’ll need: butter, sweetener (I used Erythritol), cream cheese, egg, almond extract, almond flour, coconut flour, Meyer lemons, culinary lavender, waxed paper, heavy cookie sheet.
If you are in a hurry click here to go straight to the recipe.
I am a romantic. There’s no way around it, no other explanation, and it doesn’t take long for people to figure it out once they’ve talked to me for more than a minute. I love Victorian style, decor, literature, houses, and tea parties. Especially tea parties. I think it’s such a wonderful ritual, the whole idea of slowing down and having a cup of tea in the afternoon with a little bite of something sweet. I love the big, fancy teas, too. It all seems so civilized and feminine.
I created some lavender lemon cookies for my other blog, Restless Chipotle, which is about regular food — the stuff my family eats. I wondered if I’d be able to create something similar for Lowcarb-ology, the blog where I write about the food that I eat! I wanted a good, basic cookie recipe that was more buttery than my low carb sugar cookies. I found exactly what I was looking for at Low Carb Yum, which didn’t surprise me one bit. It’s one of my favorite blogs. Anyway, Lisa’s Cream Cheese Cookies were exactly the base I was looking for.
Tips for Making Lavender Lemon Cookies
- I used erythritol because that’s what I happened to have. You can use any measure for measure sweetener that you like.
- Be sure to get culinary lavender that’s specifically for use as an ingredient in food.
- Don’t use too much lavender or your recipe will taste like soap.
- Let these cool on the cookie sheet for at least 15 minutes or they will break apart. They are very delicate.
The following are affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission that’s used to keep the blog up and running. Thanks so much for being a part of Lowcarb-ology!
OliveNation Culinary Lavender 2 oz.
Lavender Lemon Cookies Low Carb and Gluten Free!
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers of culinary - crushed in between your palms
- one lemon Zest
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, and erythritol until light and fluffly.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- WIth mixer on slow speed add the flours and salt.
- Blend well.
- Stir in the lavender and lemon zest until distributed evenly.
- Form into 2 logs and wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice in 1/8-inch slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes -- the cookies will break apart if you move them too soon.
If you liked these low carb lavender lemon cookies you might also like…
Low Carb Salted Caramel Magic Cookie Bars All Day I Dream About Food
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Low Carb Yum