Keto Sloppy Joe’s
You are gonna love this Keto Sloppy Joe’s recipe. If you’re not a fan of bell pepper, feel free to replace it with carrot or celery.
Servings 3 people
For Keto Almond Buns
For Meat Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of Salt if needed
- Pinch of Pepper if needed
- Pinch of Sweetener if desired
Other Toppings Options
- Cheese of your choice
- Onion Slice
- Hot Sauce
For Keto Almonds Buns
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour and baking powder until combined.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir the mixture. Continue microwave for 30 seconds and stir, until cheese is melted.
- Add almond flour mixture and 2 eggs immediately to cheese mixture. Mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and shape them into buns.
- Crack the remaining 1 egg into a bowl and beat. Lightly brush the tops of each bagel with the beaten egg then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden brown and fragrant, about 14-15 minutes. Take out from the oven and set aside.
For meat sauce
- In a large skillet, add 2 tsp of olive oil and onion, sauté until onion is fragrant and translucent. Add ground beef in, cook until meat is browned.
- Add in meat sauce seasonings, bell pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, salt, pepper, and sweetener (if using). Bring to boil then reduce heat to low. Continue cooking until almost all the water evaporates. Do a taste test to know if you need to add more spices. Remove from heat. Set aside.
Assemble the Sloppy Joe’s
- Cut almond buns in half, fill with meat sauce followed by jalapeno slices, and cheese of your choice, or any other toppings of your choice.
If the bun mixture gets too hard to work with, heat in microwave for 15 seconds or until they are workable.
Calories: 1266kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 71g | Fat: 100g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 366mg | Sodium: 1097mg | Potassium: 1277mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2536IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 892mg | Iron: 9mg