Keto Rutabaga Fries
I must say that I am very impressed with how this low carb fries turned out. The rutabaga itself is sweet that makes the flavor blends beautifully. The best part of this dish is that when you eat ‘fries’ this time you will not feel guilty as it’s so low in calorie and carbs!
Servings 2 people
- 1 Rutabaga medium size
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel rutabaga and cut both ends with a very sharp knife. Slice rutabaga to circles ¼-inch thick. Stack them and slice them into fry shape.
- In a large size plastic container with lid, add rutabaga sticks, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Close the lid and begin to toss until rutabaga sticks are well-coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, arrange sticks in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fries is turning golden brown and soft on the inside, start checking at minute 30. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
1. The substitution for the spices and oil is limitless! Substitute olive oil with truffle oil or avocado oil for more rich flavors, or use Italian seasonings if desired. 2. You can prepare this recipe ahead of time. Cut rutabaga into fry shape ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to bake, preheat the oven and season, then bake.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg