This grilled chicken recipe is exactly why I like to keep a lot of grilled chicken breast on hand! I have my husband grill extra chicken when he is grilling, but take it off just before it is done. I seal it in my vacuum sealer and then I warm it up and eat it all kinds of different ways during the week. This Asian inspired recipe is one of my favorites because it is simple but addictively drool producing.
I usually take the chicken breast out, slice it into bite size pieces and then give it a quick fry in some chipotle infused olive oil. That gives it a nice spicy heat which is enhanced once I bathe it in this spicy soy based dip. It works for a meal or for a snack, and honestly, I would eat it for breakfast — it’s just that good.
You can make the sauce ahead and keep it in a jar in the fridge. It won’t go bad. Do make it a little ahead of time so that the flavors have at least 30 minutes to blend — and don’t be afraid to adjust the heat to your level of perfection.
I like a little sweetener in this. I use the pure stevia powder by NOW (you can find it in the Lowcarb-ology shop linked above) but use whatever sweetener you like best. If you use Xylitol then you’ll want to mix it will a little hot water before adding it to the soy. Xylitol doesn’t always dissolve well in cold liquids.
Fast Grilled Chicken with Thai Dipping Sauce Recipe (phase 1, induction)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil dark
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Stevia or favorite sugar free sweetener to your taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Grilled Chicken not included in nutritional info, sliced into bite sized pieces
- Mix all the ingredients except for the chicken and let blend for at least 15 minutes.
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken, pork, beef, steamed vegetables, and your fingers.