This low carb, creamy enchilada chicken breast is a quick, 30 minute, family friendly meal. Tender chicken breast is seasoned, then covered with a mixture of cream cheese and Ro*Tel tomatoes, and finally sprinkled with cheddar cheese. It bakes in 30 minutes. You’re mouth will be watering as the aroma wafts through the house.
You know how sometimes my images are not magazine worthy? And, by sometimes I mean always?
This creamy enchilada chicken breast recipe is much better in real life than it looks in the images. I would have done retakes on the pictures but I ate it. I ate it all. The kids had already demolished all the rest and were eyeing this like starving coyotes circling a hanger steak. I promise you I had to utter phrases that made them scream and run. You know, phrases like, “Who’s doing the dishes?”
Maybe it’s because I am from Texas but my favorite low-carb foods are all Tex-Mex to the core. I love the warm flavors of cumin, cilantro, chiles, and other ingredients found in this cuisine. The big flavors help me to stay on track with my eating plan… most of the time.
And that’s one of the benefits of low carb is that you can have those cheesy Mexican dishes with creamy sauces — as long as you forgo the corn and the rice and the tortillas and…
I have a tendency to eat just one thing at a time, thus the plate bereft of anything but chicken breast. A salad is perfect with this – and a glass of diet tonic water and lime juice. I really love vodka tonics but… you know… stalls. So I do it this way and it’s great.
Creamy Enchilada Chicken Breast
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt Pepper, Smoked Paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup medium Cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Place in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Put the cream cheese and tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the cumin.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken registers 160F on an instead read thermometer.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If you liked This Creamy Enchilada Chicken Breast Recipe you may also like…
Almost Migas Lowcarb-ology.com
Hatch Pimento Cheese Lowcarb-ology.com
Paprika Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy I Breathe I’m Hungry
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Sweet C’s Designs