When you are eating lowcarb it’s easy to get tired of eggs — well, unless you are eating these Bacon Chipotle Deviled Eggs. These are different. These are not boring. These have almost no carbs.
These deviled eggs are smokey, spicy, salty, and just all around good. They work as well at a cookout as they do on a fancy-ish buffet. If you’re from the South you know that deviled eggs are an important dish at any kind of celebration!
If you have trouble boiling eggs so that the yolks are centered and the peel easy stop right here and take a look at the article I wrote on Restless Chipotle (one of my other blogs), How to Hard Boil an Egg Perfectly. You’ve got time. I’ll wait.
Deviled eggs have been a part of every summer picnic I have ever been to. My mom was renowned for her deviled egg making abilities. They always looked just right, with the yolk swirled just right in the exact middle of the egg white and the perfect amount of paprika on top. I, on the other hand, am likely to run out of the yolk mixture, spill the paprika, and have tipsy looking egg yolks. That’s OK because once people taste these they just don’t care.
The recipe is for 12 eggs which works out to 24 appetizer servings. You might want to make just that amount the first time just to make sure you like them but in the future you probably want to double or triple that. You can make them a couple of days ahead of time and keep them tightly covered in the refrigerator but keep in mind that the chipotle tends to increase in heat a little over time. If you are going to be holding them you might want to use a little less.
Bacon, Chipotle Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs hard cooked and peeled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mashed canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1/2 pound applewood smoked bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- Smoked paprika for sprinkling on top
- Salt to taste
- Cooked bacon and chives for garnish
- Cut the cooked, peeled eggs in half.
- Gently remove yolks with a spoon.
- Add the yolks to a large bowl and set aside.
- Arrange the egg whites on a serving dish with the cut side up.
- Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise and the mustard until they are smooth and creamy..
- Mix in the chipotle, the bacon, and 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Taste and add more chipotle, salt, or mustard if needed. Be careful, the chipotle will get spicier as the eggs stand.
- Fill the hollows in the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Garnish with a piece of bacon and some chives
- Chill until serving.
If you like Bacon Chipotle Deviled Eggs you might also like:
Crispy Cauliflower with Hot Parmesan Dip How Sweet Eats
Guacamole Bacon Deviled Eggs Sisters Do Food and Fitness
Lowcarb Parmesan “Tater Tots” Lowcarb-ology
Stuffed Poblano Peppers Lowcarb-ology.
Always try to serve them on a pretty plate. They taste better that way! This deviled egg plate from Amazon is perfect for Easter!