Low carb snacks don’t excite me a whole lot. Usually they taste a like the love child of cardboard and alfalfa. It seems like no matter how long I have been low carbing I will get a craving out of the blue that slaps me upside the head like …
Well, I don’t know what it’s like, only that it demands attention and refuses to be quieted with images of skinny women in bikinis on my fridge door or the repetition of phrases like, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.”
The hell with that. When I am ready to start gnawing on the dog I don’t care how skinny feels, do you?
The thing is, with a little planning you can bring out the big guns on those cravings and blow them away. They might not be gone forever but maybe they’ll hang at the neighbor’s house for awhile, you know? So when you are grilling grill a bunch of chicken breast, a ton of hamburgers, and anything else you like to eat that is low carb. If you make some of the burgers slider sized they make great snacks.
The secret is to have stuff you can grab and eat immediately and that does take a little planning but you can do it. Having legal snacks in the fridge will literally change your life.
25 Fast Low Carb Snacks
- Grilled chicken breast strips dipped in Thai dipping sauce or bleu cheese dressing — even better if you eat this snack with chopsticks.
- Grilled chicken breast strips with a sprinkle of grated cheddar, wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- 1/4 cup sour cream mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and sweetener to taste.
- An iced latte with heavy cream and sweetener. Add 1/3 cup heavy cream to 2 shots of espresso and blend with sweetener and 3/4 cup crushed ice. Add flavoring with sugar free coffee syrups.
- Deli ham slice (cut on a 1) wrapped around a dill pickle spear. Yes, I am serious.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream in 12 oz of icy cold sugar free root beer.
- Deviled eggs
- Mozzarella cubes, pepperoni, and a basil leaf on a toothpick
- Sliced cucumbers with Spicy BLT dip (leave out the boule)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, sweetener to taste and sprinkled with 2 tablespoons toasted pecans
- Pork rinds with a smear of cream cheese on them
- Slider sized burgers with chopped pickles, shredded cheddar, and a little mustard wrapped in a lettuce leaf
- Slider sized burgers with salsa
- Sugar free jello with whipped heavy cream sweetened with sweetener
- Deli turkey, sliced on a one, wrapped around a smear of cream cheese
- Deli turkey, sliced on a one wrapped with pepper jack cheese inside
- Stuff a jalapeno with some cream cheese and microwave it until the jalapeno softens
- Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (2 carbs each)
- Pepperoni dipped in white pizza dip (2.5 carbs per serving/16 servings)
- Bacon wrapped artichokes
- Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and sweetener to taste for 4 servings of (2 carb each) cheesecake. Use sugar free syrups to vary the flavor
- Mini crustless quiches
- Green olives and pecans chopped and mixed into cream cheese and spread on deli meat, then rolled up
- Pork rinds with cinnamon and sweetener, or garlic powder and andcho pepper (or all of it together)
That’s it. These are the things that help me through. Add your favorite fast, low carb snacks to the list via comments below!